Parents often have concerns about their children using their mobile phone more so than other devices. Family Zone allows parents to protect and routine a single device for children.
Control a single device
When setting up Family Zone for the first time with a Box:
- Create all family members
- For devices with multiple users, create them as 'Equipment' or 'XBox' and assign to the lowest profile
- Configure the routine and Cyber Safety profile
- Activate your Family Zone Box
- Connect devices to the Family Zone Family WiFi network
- Browse to Home.Tools to register the device
- Provide device name, type, owner and parental pin
- We highly recommend changing the existing modem WiFi password to get children onto the Family Network
Things you need to know
Creating a routine
When controlling a single device ensure that you set up a routine for the person using the device.
Cyber Safety Profile
Depending on the date of birth submitted when creating the new user, a relevant Cyber Safety profile will be created. Remember that if children share the same age as another family member, any changes made in Cyber Safety will affect both users.
Frequently Asked Questions
My child is always on their phone, can I stop their internet working on it so they put it down?
Yes, please follow one of the methods at the top of this article on how to control a single device.
Can I make my child's phone have different access to another device of theirs?
Yes, creating a new family member specifically for a device and ensuring it is assigned as an age profile not in use by another family member. You can then configure this device's access without changing other devices.
Can I control internet access on a Playstation or Smart TV?
Yes, they will be connecting through the Family Zone Box. Its best to create separate users to assign these devices.