Routines and Calendars allow parents to manage screen-time, determining when their children can access the internet, taking into consideration their changing academic, sporting and social schedules. The four different access periods (Play, School, Study, Sleep) which make up the routine can be customised for each child, based on their calendar.
Looking to manage your routines and calendars? Find out how with this quick video
Updates to Routines and Calendars For Existing Users - Jan 2018
Changes have been made to both Routines and Calendars to allow for more flexibility and ease of use.
- The Reward day type has been removed, and there are now only two standard day types, School and Rest day.
- Within the calendar, users can now customise any day of the week as needed (for example, adding an additional hour of Play time every Friday).
- Existing Reward day routines will be kept and automatically applied to the updated calendar.
- Routines are now more user-friendly and compatible with touch screens and mobile devices.
Features & Benefits
- Easily accessed through your online account or Zone Manager app
- Customisable for each family member to meet individual schedules
- Easily accommodates holidays and sick days
- Parents can “set and forget” or use pre-set configurations
- Manages your child’s access to specific sites and apps (eg. YouTube or Facebook).
In consultation with our Cyber Experts, Family Zone provides default settings for both Routines and Calendars based on your child’s age profile. This is a guideline for parents that can easily be edited to meet individual children’s needs.
Quick Time changes can be used to temporarily override your child’s access period, without altering the calendar and routine.
For more information, view our set-up guides for Calendar and Routine.
Is it possible to change all my children’s calendars at once?
No, each child’s calendar needs to be updated separately.
Can I add in family or school holidays into my calendar?
Yes, simply add in multiple rest days to cover holiday periods.
Can I change the routine from within my calendar without changing my default routine?
Yes. You can alter a single day’s routine from your calendar by selecting “Edit this Day’s Routine” on that calendar day.