Users may attempt to get around the Mobile Zone filtering by uninstalling the Mobile Zone App from their devices. Parents are alerted when this occurs and children are set to sleep time which will block all internet access for them.
Reinstall Mobile Zone on Apple iOS
A user can violate the Mobile Zone App filtering in three ways. Listed below are the violations they may attempt and how to fix them.
User has uninstalled the Mobile Zone App
Re-install the Mobile Zone app as follows:
Child has turned off the Mobile Zone VPN
Re-enable VPN Connect On Demand
- Open devices settings menu
- Menu: General > VPN
- Select: Family Zone VPN Configuration
- Click: Blue information circle
- Turn on: Connect On Demand
More information on VPN Connect on Demand can be found here
User has removed the Mobile Device Management (MDM) Profile
Via Mobile Zone App
Via Account - Method One
Via Account - Method Two
Reinstate the Family Zone filtering on Android
Violating the Mobile Zone App on an Android device means a much more effort than on an iOS device. Listed below are the violations they may attempt and how to fix them.
Child has uninstalled the Family Zone App
Re-install Mobile Zone
- Sign in to your Account
- Click: My zone > Devices > Select affected User Device
- Select: Cancel Mobile Zone App Service
- Select: Install Mobile Zone App
- Follow steps > Generate Key
- Reinstall: Family Zone App
- Input activation key > Select user > Enroll
- Allow all app permissions
Re-enable Device Administrator rights
- Open: Mobile Zone app on the affected Android device.
- Tap: Please complete device configuration
- Tap: Device Administrator
- Tap: Activate this device administrator
Things you need to know
Family Zone cannot stop your child from attempting to remove the Mobile Zone App
Family Zone is unable to stop your child from attempting to remove the App from their devices. We place the child in sleep time and alert parents by email when we detect a violation and it is up to the parent to take action on it.
Sleep time set when violations are detected
Family Zone will place a child in Sleep time when we detect a violation. This is to prevent children from accessing inappropriate content on the internet.