Start a new topic

Disabling use of game apps on android mobile

My 12 year old son has an android phone and I have installed family zone. It is on study mode after school since he also has a school MacBook which he needs access to work homework. I know he plays games on the phone especially clash Royale on the phone. How do I stop this? I checked the phone last night and even when I block the game app on his age profile for all modes it can still be opened on the phone. Help!

Hi Michelle,

To block Clash Royale, you will need to block the Clash Of Clans category in the Social Media and Gaming section of the age profile controls, I have outlined how to do that below.

1. Login to portal.familyzone.com

2. Click on Settings on the left hand side of the page

3. Click on Age Profile Controls

4. On the next page, change the first tab at the top to the right age profile, and change the second tab to Social Media and Games

5. Find Clash Of Clans and turn the times red for when you would like it to be blocked

Kind Regards,

Zac J

Family Zone

Thanks Zac, I had already done that and it still worked when I tested on his mobile. What else should I do?
When I go onto my son's phone and go into mobile zone app it says that apps can be accessed

Hi Michelle,

It might be a good idea to block the website associated with the name. I have listed further instructions below.

1. Login to portal.familyzone.com

2. Click on Settings on the left hand side of the page

3. Click on Age Profile Controls

4. On the next page, change the first tab at the top to the right age profile, and change the second tab to Webistes.

5. Click on the blue Add Website button

Enter in the domain text box clashroyale.com and click save

If this still does not work, then please call us on 1300 398 326 or go to our Contact Us page and use the request a callback button to schedule a time that works best for you.

Kind regards,

Zac J

Family Zone

Login to post a comment