Start a new topic

Snapchat and Instagram working in sleep mode.

Hi guys, my sons snapchat and instagram are blocked during sleep mode however he can still access these, any idea why?

Hi Lawrence,

I have checked an account in your name supplied by Waverley College linked to a hotmail email address. The account does not have any devices linked to it.

For the filtering to work you need to install Mobile Zone on the devices you want filtered.

If you have installed Mobile Zone on the devices but they are linked to a different account please contact us with the relevant details and I can look into this further.

Our contact number is 1300 398 326. You may also contact us if you need assistance installing and activating Mobile Zone on your son's devices

Hi i am having the same problem with Instragram and snapchat on my daughter's phone as well.  Could you please offer any advice? Thanks

Hi Maree

I have looked into your account and can see that your filtering controls allow Snapchat during Play Time & your daughters play time is set for almost all day, if this is not correct or intended, please give our support team a call on 1300 398 326 to sort out this issue.

Kind Regards

Zac J

Customer Service Rep

Hi 

I seem to be having the same issue as the users above. I have checked the settings and she should only be able to use Snapchat in play mode and that is pretty restricted.

Please help.

Thanks

Hi Anitra,

It looks like your daughter has disabled filtering within the Mobile Zone app. 

To enable filtering you will need to:

• Open the Mobile Zone app
  • Click the settings cog in the top right corner
  • Enter your PIN
  • Toggle 'Mobile Zone Filtering' on

If this was not done by you, I would recommend changing your Quick Access PIN by:

• Logging into the portal
  • Click your name in the top right corner
  • My Account

Regards,

Terence C

Hi Terence,

That doesn't seem to be the reason as it was not off.

Thanks

Anitra

Hi

My daughters phone is still fully active even in sleep mode. Have I set something up incorrectly? I still want to activate her iPad but want to make sure I do this properly first.

Regards

Kylee 

Hi Anitra,

I have had a look into your account and filtering still appears to be disabled for Olivia's iPhone.

See below.

Filtering has also been disabled in Play mode for all Olivia's devices. 

To re-enable this you will need to open Olivia's user profile in the portal, go to Settings, scroll down to Mobile Zone Filtering and toggle Play on.

If you did not make any of these changes, I would recommend changing your password and PIN.

If you are experiencing difficulties making any of these changes, please feel free to give our support line a call on 1300 398 326 and we'll be happy to assist.

Regards,

Terence C

Hi Kylee,

I have had a look through your logs for the last 24 hours and can't see anything being allowed during Sleep mode.

Your daughter will still be able to use her device and any offline apps she may have, although she will not be able to access any online content.

If you have noticed your daughter accessing online content during Sleep mode, please give our support line a call on 1300 398 326 so we can further troubleshoot this issue.

Regards,

Terence C

Login to post a comment