Start a new topic

SMS Blocking at Night

Is there a way now or something planned to allow me to block my kids from texting at night?  They use Android and iPhones.  

Thanks

6 people like this idea

Hi Michael,

Family Zone is not able to block calls and text messages. However this feature is commonly requested and has been passed on.

Regards,

David B

Yes, I support this call for a feature that restricts calls and sms at set times.  

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your feedback, however Family Zone can only filter online content.

Although, with the use of the Family Zone box we do have the ability to block Apple iMessage.

Regards,

Terence C 

Totally agree. The program is all well and good for internet usage and the like. But the texting and calling I think we would all like to monitor too. Especially at night.

Hi all,

Family Zone does not block SMS messaging or calls and our software and most likely never will. This is due to the fact that it could be potentially dangerous for a child to have these features restricted in an emergency situation which they need to contact a guardian or emergency services, coupled with the fact that Family Zone focuses on internet filtering and safe internet practice and not specific device control, it simply is not a feature that is planned to be implemented in the future.

Kind regards,

Zac Jones

Family Zone

Login to post a comment