Start a new topic

Allow WhatsApp block Instagram and Facebook

Hi, is there a way to allow WhatsApp but not IG and FB? We use WhatsApp for family group chats regularly including when our son is away from home. Thank you.

8 people have this question

This is quite unfortunate as I now have to remove family Zone from my sons phone to be able to use whatsapp.

1 person likes this

These 3 sites/apps should be managed separately.  It used to be.  Why change it?  Please supply a solution asap.

Thanks.

1 person likes this

Hi,

At this time, we can not distinguish between the three apps as they are owned by the same company who shares servers between them.

We are continually looking to improve customer experience and this will ideally be something we can allow parents to do in the future.

Regards,

David B

We also need to be able to manage the three (or four if you include Messenger separately from FB.)  To have the kids be able to access all four platforms at once is too much. Going from nothing to all is far too much for them. I want to be able to let them learn a little at a time. I'd like to think my kid will abide by our spoken rules but she wouldn't be a kid if she didn't push boundaries.

Please have your IT gurus make this a priority.

Hi Marie,

We understand that this is a highly requested feature. We will notify our customers if the ability to filter the apps individually becomes available. The request for this has been passed on to our developers.

Regards,

David B

Hi Armand,

Sorry to hear this. If this limitation changes in the future we will be sure to keep our customers informed.

Regards,

David

Hi Armand, you can set PLAY time and allow FB and Instagram and also whatsapp. But you need to amend it under the age profile control tab.. Then you can control the time they have whatsapp. I have the problem before. At first I try to use the borrow account function. Then I realised that If I borrow her or his machine, there will be no more tracking of what they are doing. So I fine tune each tabs or apps they can access. And control they PLAY time...She need to ask me for PLAY time and I approve her PLAY time. Only when she is at home we allow her to play with Whatsapp.

Hope this help.

Login to post a comment