Start a new topic

Home modem

My son just connected to our home network wifi by pressing the modem button. I had changed the password but that didn’t stop it? What do I do?

Hi Jasmin,

Can you clarify what you mean by the "Modem Button". This bypassing can be solved on iOS, android, laptop and desktop devices by installing the Mobile Zone app which can filter all networks. If you would like help with this, please call into our Tech Support Team or book a callback via your Portal Support section.

Regards,

Katie B

He has pressed the wifi connect button on the Telstra modem and because the desktop computer is nearby it has connected, even though I changed the password and told the computer to ‘forget’ the network. It just comes up in his wifi and he can connect it. Family zone is connected to the desktop too.

Hi Jasmin,

I think you are referring to the WPS button where you press a button and it will connect to devices nearby without needing the password for the WiFi. Unfortunately this would be something you would have to turn off in the router to stop them using. The solution from Family Zone is the Mobile Zone app which will filter any WiFi it is connected to including your legacy WIFi. This can be downloaded for the desktop at familyzone.com/laptops or on smartphones and tablet by searching for the Mobile Zone app in their respective app stores.

Regards,

Katie B

Login to post a comment