Start a new topic

Google chrome not working

Just checking my son is unable to access google chrome.  We installed family zone last week and up until yesterday it was working. I think there was a microsoft update today, could this be related and have you had any issues with this previously.

Michelle 

1 person has this question

Hi Maureen,

I can see that a filter has been applied for google.co.nz in portal, via Settings > Age profile controls > Websites for both your children's age categories. If you remove this. by clicking the "X" next to the website Google will be unblocked. Else, you can click on the access times so that they are blue or unfiltered.

Regards,

David B

I am having the same problem with my daughters Macbook. She needs to look something up on Google but despite enabling her Google search and even the Google mature search, she can’t access any Google content.

Hi Wilhelm,

I can see there a blocks coming through for Google as a controlled site during study time. Is it during this time that she does not have access, or during other times in her routine? If you would like her to have access during study time:

1. Go to Settings > Age profile controls > Websites

2. Where you have added "google.com.au", click the study time circle. Alternatively, you can remove this controlled site as you do have Google Search unblocked during play, study and sleep in the Search and Streaming Media controls

Regards,

David B

Thanks David The problem is not getting onto the google website itself but rather being blocked when you initiate a search from the google site. This is despite that fact that I have put my daughter on play mode.

Hi Wilhelm,

I am not seeing any blocks come through for Google during play time, only for study. Can you confirm you are seeing a block page from Family Zone?

If you are having issues you can give us a call on 1300 398 326 and we can try troubleshoot live over the phone. Or you can book a call back with us by going to https://www.familyzone.com/contactus and selecting the call back option below, so we can help at a time where you are available and have the device on hand.

Regards,

David B

Hi Michelle,

We don't block browsers from working so this is more likely to be an update issue rather than a Family Zone issue.

Regards,

Katie B

i am having the same problem with my daughters computer it has blocked google.

Login to post a comment