Start a new topic

Child able to access unprotected wifi on protected device

The laptop my son uses has been connected to the family zone filtered network but he can simply browse the wifi networks available to join on our second, unprotected wifi network. I have tried to make the laptop "forget" this unprotected wifi network but it remains accessible in the wifi menu. I am not sure how to change this password (which would be the easy solution). Thank you for your help.

1 Comment

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your son logging onto the unfiltered WiFi, I had a look in your Portal and can only see one WiFi network being generated by your Family Zone box. Can I assume that the unfiltered network is coming from your old legacy modem? If this is the case, can you let me know the make and model of this modem and I can look up how to change the password on this for you?

Otherwise, if I've made an error in this assumption, the way to change the WiFi password for the Family Zone generated WiFi networks is by;

1. Logging into Portal
  2. Select Home Network > WiFi from the left-hand menu
  3. Select the password you want to change
  4. Delete the current contents and type a new one
  5. Click Save at the bottom

It may take a few minutes for your Family Zone box to update this setting, but afterwards, your son should not be able to use the old password to log into the unfiltered network.

Let me know how you get on and if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks,

Katie B

Login to post a comment