Start a new topic

Child has deleted app

My son 12yrs old deleted app within one minute of discovering the family zone app. I had set it to go o sleep mode if he managed to do this. Sleep mode didn't turn on and he had downloaded the App Store app and new games in the next 3 minutes. Who can help me?

4 people have this question

Hi Christine,

There is a workaround to prevent your kids from being able to uninstall the Family Zone app.

We can guide you through on how to configure this setting if you could give us a call on 1300 398 326 or request a callback via this link.

Regards,

Kelvin

I have exactly the same issue. I do get an alert telling me device is in sleep mode, but she is still able to use the internet with no issues and the app has been removed.
I suggest this is a relatively common thing that the kids do. Both our our teenagers have deleted the app and we receive a notification that the device is broken or violated. However it they have no restrictions and we can’t control it anymore. They claim they have done nothing. It’s extremely frustrating.

Hi Susan,

This doesn't sound like it is working as it should, please give us a call on 1300 398 326 when you have access to the device so we can go through this issue with you.

Regards,

Tiara

Hi Kirsty,

I've had a quick look at your account and just wanted to go through a few things on it that will help you out. Please contact us on 1300 398 326 when you have the devices with you and the time.

Regards,

Tiara

I bought the app last night and my 13 year old deleted it this morning 

Hi Michelle,

Oh dear! I have had a look at your account and have gone through and enabled consequences for your daughter, which means if she does delete it again, she will have no internet usage until you go through and remove it via the portal.

Regards,

Tiara

1 person likes this
Thanks Tiara. It has been deleted from her phone again. No notification for either time.

Hi Michelle,

I just went into the account again and I can see that we actually see the device now, and it is generating internet traffic. It was in sleep mode, but it is working fine from our end, please give us a call if you have this issue again on 1300 398 326 so we can have a look and troubleshoot with the device.

Regards,

Tiara

Hi Michelle,

Just adding onto the last message that I sent, the device did go onto your own parental profile for a while, where there was no filtering. If you did not do this, I would recommend that you go through and change your parental pin and Family Zone password.

Regards,

Tiara

Login to post a comment