Start a new topic

Family zone box

Hi, So I have set up my family zone box. We are connected and everything is running. But so far what is the point? What is it blocking? I watched the set up video which mentions and shows google restrictions. But they don’t exist on the portal page. Is there a simple walkthrough that exists that can show me what and how I need to put even a simple age restricted control on the box. The app on the phones works just fine but as for the box I have no idea about. Maybe I’m simple but I’ve spent the last 4 hours trawling through forums and the internet to no avail. A step by step walkthrough would be most helpful. Because I’m about ready to throw this thing through a window in frustration.

Hi Cassandra

The Family Zone box will use the exact same control settings as the Mobile Zone app. Once you have registered a device through and assigned it to a user, it will inherit the settings and permissions of that user and will be subject to the same filtering as the mobile devices. All you need to do is go to the website on the device you want to register, and that should walk you through the process. If you would like, you can schedule a call for a convenient time so one of our Customer Service Representatives can walk you through this over the phone, or you can call us on 1300 398 326.

I've configured and registered the main box, but the main box cannot access the internet as the IP addresses, gateway settings, etc. are different to the rest of the home network settings. How do I change the main box / router / DNS settings on the box to those which match my home network? I can see the addresses in the Family Zone Captive Portal, but unable to change the existing settings (see attached pic).

Hi Anthony,

The Family Zone box should come online automatically, you simply need to use an ethernet cable to connect the WAN port on the back of the Home Zone box to one of the Router's LAN ports. May I ask if you are using MAC address filtering or anything complex in your home's router?

If you call us on 1300 398 326, I am happy to troubleshoot

Login to post a comment