Start a new topic

Why does the app disable my son's camera? And why is location compulsory?

I have just re-registered my son's phone on Family Zone, as it somehow magically was removed (and I had no notification). As part of the registration process I"m going through the app (as that was always on his phone)and setting it all up again.   Although everything I've read says that I have the choice to disable the camera through the app, I am getting messages saying that my son's phone is broken or violated, which I'm assuming is related to the permissions I haven't granted.  I am happy for him to use the camera on his phone, and do not want location turned on, esp as I am allowing him to take photos. So my questions are:

- is the app still working although I have not given administrator permission to disable the camera?

- is the app still woriking although I have denied location permission?

thanks

Melanie

Hi Melanie

The first permission for administrator permissions does more than just control the camera and is required for the app to function correctly. The location permission is not required for the app to function correctly, and its fine for you to deny that, however, it will have that alert there informing you of it. 

Let me know if you have any more queries. 

Regards

Hugh

Thanks Hugh.

So is there a way to allow him to use the camera if I accept that first permission? I have no issue with him using his camera but want the app on his phone.

Regards

Melanie

Hi Melanie

Yes, you can control that through your online account. Log into your family zone account and then select "Cyber Safety" on the left-hand side, and then "Controls" and then the appropriate age profile. The option to control access to the camera is under "Restrictions". It is usually enabled by default. 

Regards

Hugh

Login to post a comment