Start a new topic

Apps still working despite routine settings

If my child’s device is in the sleep routine, shouldn’t the apps not work- that is, they shouldn’t be able to be played. My child’s apps are still functioning as usual despite the sleep routine being “on”. What have I done wrong??

19 people have this question

Hi Stephanie,

Due to how Apple handles their software and licensing it is incredibly hard to create this feature without breaking a lot of key features Apple use in their mobile devices, for this reason, we can not give a date on when this feature will be available for Apple devices but please know we are working with Apple to come up with the best way in which to deliver this feature you, our customers.

Thanks,

Corey

Hi - are there any other apps that you can recommend for Apple devices where you can restrict the amount of time being spent on the device (so effectively not allow it to work during "sleep" times)?

Hi Krissie,

Although I can't recommend a particular app, I know there are a few in the App Store you can review.

Thanks,

Katie

My son is currently leading on a holiday day camp so I put his phone into sleep mode so that he didn’t spend his time checking it. Having access to his Instagram account, I see that he has been replying to things etc. How can that be?

I noticed the new feature of total shut down in sleep mode was tentatively due 8th June. Is there anything on how much longer? Very keen to have this feature!

Jody, I’m not sure but I think that was very Android users only.

Hi Kerith,

I've moved your enquiry to a ticket and emailed you about it as it requires some private information not suitable for public forums.

Thanks,

Katie

Hi Jody and Kerith,

We are currently in the process of rolling out the 'Hide All Apps during Sleep Mode' function for Android Devices. This will be turned off as a default but can be turned on via the Controls section. The iOS version will be released shortly after the Android version is made available.

Thanks,

Katie

Has the iOS version of hide all apps in sleep mode been released yet?

Hi Andrea,

We have not released the iOS version of this yet but hope to do so soon.

Regards,

Katie B

Any updates on this?!

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for your interest. We are still working with Apple in order to implement this as soon as possible.

Regards,

Katie B

1 person likes this
Just wondering if the 'hide all apps' is available on android yet or when it will be?

Hi Michaela,

The hide all apps in sleep is available for android and can be found int eh Advanced section of the Controls area.

Regards,

Katie B

I moved my son’s iOS devices from OurPact to FZ. OurPact has an ability to block specifically chosen (by parent) apps including non-internet based apps that can operate without an internet connection. Unfortunately it doesn’t do parental controls for content, so I switched to FZ as I found both OurPact and FZ couldn’t run simultaneously on iOS after talking with the development team post-FZ-install.. I am very keen to NOT to see an ‘ALL apps’ version designated by FZ but rather a version where I can control it/select each app. There are apps like Find Friends and WhatsApp that we use while he is on school camps or away from home on sleepovers. So I’d love a tailored version please. If not, one similar to the Android one will do, but that’s a stop-gap measure. If FZ could add this tailoring, it’d be great. I also have a friend who recently installed FZ and her family’s needs are to limit daily screen time with certain apps, blocking them at night. She uses the Apple screen time features but they are clunky as they require a pin on the chikd’s device, which is not helpful when they are away from home as it isn’t linked to a parental notification/request system. Thanks.
Login to post a comment