Start a new topic

Apps still working despite routine settings

If my child’s device is in the sleep routine, shouldn’t the apps not work- that is, they shouldn’t be able to be played. My child’s apps are still functioning as usual despite the sleep routine being “on”. What have I done wrong??

17 people have this question

Hi Elaine

No, we can control access to social media sites like FaceBook, SnapChat and Instagram, and you have the choice to either allow or block them during each access period. 

Regards

Hugh W

I am a parent, the only way to effectively cut off internet time is to set it via yoir router management settings, it can be set only to affect certain devices, look for their device's mac address in their device setting key that in under time restrictions in your router settings
I'm confused. When I add apps such as Snapchat and Instagram to the exceptions list they are still usable? So why then is there an exceptions list? It seems it doesn't do anything? Am I correct in assuming that all that happens in 'Sleep' is that the internet is cut off; all that happens is that they continue using any app, but instead of using WiFi they are now using their (expensive) data? That being the case I'm not sure what the point of exceptions and the 4 scheduled actually is. It doesn't seem to do anything. Very disappointed.
In my experience of using many other types of parental control software, they will advise you to disable the apps installation feature because apps will overide the restrictions settings,
Hi Family Zone. I asked a question 20 days ago about the above feature being released. Do you have an update? Clearly something people want. My son also has this app on his computer at Mazenod college and the whole process there is quite painful too. Seriously considering looking elsewhere. It's a shame because it's great to see a WA company having a go.
Use Microsoft Windows embedded parental control
Hi, we allowed our son to have 3 hour ipad useage on “rest days”. We wanted him to have control over when he would use this three hours. We trialled another app which turns the iPad off after the three hours was used which was a great feature. I understand this isn’t useful for study time though... still navigating this challenge. We looked at family zone because it has greater capability with managing apps and scheduling, however is there a way for the child (teen in our case) to manage their own allocated time? I am also looking forward to advice on the locking all apps at sleep time function.

Hi Bobbie,

This is a feature that we are currently working on and should be released in the future soon. What would you like to know about sleep time? By default, all internet traffic is blocked during sleep.

Regards,

Tiara

Hi Tiara. How soon is soon? Third time I've asked the question.

Hi Kerith,

We are in the final stages of testing a hide all Apps feature. It will be released to our customers very shortly.

As you are aware, hiding all Apps will address offline games during Sleep time. 

From Damian 1 month ago......What is the latest on this feature? Other platforms have it (ie Our Pact). Don't make me jump ship please!!!

Hi Jamie,

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA as of yet. We will let you know as soon as it is ready.

Regards,

Tiara

Hi Kerith,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I have just heard from our developers that we have a date of the 8th of June, however, we cannot 100% say that this is the absolute date that it will be released as we still have a whole lot of testing to do on it to make sure that it is working both correctly and that it doesn't interfere with anything else. This date is also just for Android, we do not have an ETA for IOS just yet. So just to clarify we only have a tentative date of June 8th for Android only.

Regards,

Tiara

Great to hear there is an ETA of update, I have to admit I assumed sleep meant no access at all. For future development I would love to be able to categorise apps on my son's ipad, eg, educational or play. To ensure his 'study' time is used wisely. I have just come on board so am still a complete newbie. How would I do this on my older son's laptop? It is a school issued device so I need to be careful not to interfere with their systems.  

Hi Jody,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I will add that feedback to our developers for you. In regards to the laptop, we do have a laptop application for school managed devices that is available, however, a thing to note is that if the child is an admin on the computer then they can just delete the app. IF it is school managed then that won't be an issue. You would need the IT department to install the app on the device as they are the administrators. If you need any assistance setting it up please call us on 1300 398 326 and we can help with anything you need.

Regards,

Tiara

Is this feature close to release for IOS as well or just android? How do we get notified of its release?
Login to post a comment