Start a new topic

XBox 1 Console

Hi, a FZ team member has confirmed that I can install Family Zone on my son’s Xbox 1 to control play time and Utube, but I have been unable to work out how do this. Are you able to provide some advice? We have a FZ box. Thank you. Penny

1 person likes this idea

Hi Jarrod,

All devices under one profile follow the same routines and filtering. For this, I would suggest moving that specific device to another profile created just for it.

Regards,

Katie B

Hi Team Can we restrict one device under the same profile and 

not the others?

Hi Mark

Thanks for your query. Any device connected to the Home Zone box will be filtered, this includes devices connected over a LAN connection. 

Regards

Hugh

We successfully set the XBox one on the WiFi. However... WiFi is not handling the bandwidth of the game my son is playing (Fortnite) so I have had to go to a LAN connection into the FZ Box. Do the restrictions placed on the user "Xbox" still take place on LAN connection or is this only on the WiFi FZ connection?

Hi Penny,

By using the Home Zone Box, you are able to connect the Family Zone WiFi to the Xbox. The Xbox then needs to be registered under a specific user so it can allocate the restrictions. Here are the steps:

1. Connect the Xbox to your Family Zone WiFi

2. On the Xbox, go to home.tools in a browser such as Google Chrome

3. Register the device (select the owner of the device, type of device, etc)

Some additional advice I can offer, is that if the Xbox is used by multiple users and not a single one, is to create a separate user in your Family Zone account and label it 'Xbox'. You can then configure a routine and restrictions purely intended for that device.

Hope this provides you some guidance, and if you still need help please feel free to schedule a callback with our support team.

Roze

Login to post a comment