Start a new topic

Activity reports

Hi, My daughters device is reporting activity at times during 'sleep' at 1am and 3am though she's saying she's not using it at this time. Are alerts received from others on her phone counted as usage or activity?

Hi Hayley,

Devices have background information occurring at all times, when in Sleep Time these are blocked as no internet is allowed during Sleep Time. Normally, when in Play time, you won't see these as they do not get blocked.

This background traffic and notifications may appear in usage/activity reports due to this.

Kate

I have been using FZ for less than a week and I love it already. I do agree with Hayley though in that is frustrating to see usage reports from all through the night when clearly my kids are not on their devices. I understand this is background activity and the devices are in sleep time but it would be handy to see usage reports only detailing the sites which my kids visit. Will I see this

background activity reported during school time and study time? I would like to know if my kids are using their devices during these times and if so what sites are being visited, without having to filter through the background information.

Brett

Hi Brett,

Glad to hear you like the product.  At the moment we show all usage in the insights section at all routine times. We are however in the process of building a different view that will be much more useful to our customers and provide information that is helpful rather than all data up front.

Regards,

Katie B

I agree with Brett and Hayley, it is more beneficial as a parent to see when they are trying to access / or accessing the wrong things and when.

My daughters devices shows activity during these times yet my sons does not? How do I know which device?

Also, you are unable to utilise the filters to work out which device has activity. At one point my son was 'illegally' accessing internet when we had put a ban on and when trying to work out with a technician we could not determine which device was accessing.

I was made aware there would be an update with regards to these issues soon, is this likely to happen?

Like many parents we are constantly chasing our tails keeping up with what the kids are accessing and trying to safely control. 

Also, the family zone app and the control for deleting is a waste of time, no matter how many times I reinstall my daughter deletes and still has access. 

Thanks 

Lisa

Hi Lisa, 

You can access more information about which usage on devices via the portal. This is available via Insights->Usage. From there you can select the user and the time period and view the details. There it gives you the ability to sort by device, user and time period. We are currently working on updating this feature as there has been a lot of requests for this.

Regarding your daughter removing the family zone app, there is an option to enforce consequences for tampering with Family Zone. To change these settings log into your account and go to Cyber Safety -> Controls -> Alerts. These should discourage her from tampering with it again.
Kind regards, 

Jack

I agree with the above feedback from Brett and Hayley. It is unhelpful to see background activity overnight when devices are in sleep time, when this is clearly not the kids using their devices.

I note the response re filtering by device - this function does not work for us. There is no data usage for my son's iPhone if you filter for this, but if you leave it showing all devices it is there. I also get emails when he installs new apps on his phone so FZ is certainly installed and monitoring.

Finally, the times on the usage reports don't seem to be accurate. I can get pages of activity at one time, which clearly isn't correct. 

Kind regards

Bernadette 

Thanks Jack, 

You are unable to sort by device / user etc. This is one of our main concerns and the reason for the post as I was told when fault finding with a technician that this feature was due for update. 

Also I have all the Cyber Safety Controls activated. How long do the devices go into sleep for? because a 60 min ban is useless when they are away at school or other.

Hi Lisa,

When devices go to Sleep as punishment, it is permanent until you change it. When the devices hide the apps, this is for 60 minutes only.

Regards,

Katie B

CSR

Hi Bernadette,

I believe we are looking into these issues in a support ticket and have responded to this there.

Regards,

Katie B

CSR

Login to post a comment