Start a new topic

Vpn connects but no data transferred

Trying to set up my son's phone... on 4g, the VPN connects, then after that, there is no data available. I can then turn off device level filtering, the VPN disconnects and 4g data works.

Hi Shannon,

Could you please give me a few more details about the device? Is this an Android or iOS device?

When you mention 'there is no data available', do you mean pages are no longer able to be accessed? Does the connection time out?

Roze

It is an android device. Alcatel u5. The VPN works fine on Wi-Fi, but once Wi-Fi is unavailable and the VPN connects over 4g, nothing requiring internet works.... including anything in family zone. Cant send requests or receive routine changes.

Hi Shannon,

The only device currently registered on your account doesn't currently reflect that. Are you able to schedule a callback and we can help over the phone?

You can set one through our contact us page.

Roze

Correct, it's a rebadged phone. Google list it as an alcatel phone, Optus call it an x spirit.

Hi Shannon,

We are seeing activity on our side for the VPN. Can you please confirm whether its timing out when accessing webpages? What pages are you trying to access? Are you getting a blocked page?

Roze

Login to post a comment