Start a new topic

Child's laptop not showing under Insights reports

Hi FZ, My son has done something with his laptop to get around the controls and I can't work out what it is. Unfiltered network is off. His MacBook MAC address (from the network configurations screen) is the one marked in FZ portal and set to Juniors profile. Report settings are turned on. But none of his traffic appears in Insights, so I don't know where he is going on the internet and also I firmly believe he is not being filtered at all.

Hi Andrew,

Looking at your account, all the WiFi networks on the Family Zone Box are disabled. Is there a reason for this? Without the WiFi networks enabled and connected to the devices that should be filtered, we are unable to protect the device.

Please check under Home Network and then WiFi to renable the networks to allow filtering.

Roze

Hi Roze, yes the reason for this is the wifi is therefore stopped and it's a hard fact that he can not gain internet access. The time you looked at was after school but before we (parents) are home from work. If I left FZ wifi on at this time he would have access and the symptoms described above, which is some form of bypass, and not the desired filtering. Currently we are using FZ when we are home, so we have reasonable comfort it is filtering and avoiding the time wasting internet attractions so he can do homework - and we are also present as a second barrier. I will call the help desk tomorrow when I have access to his laptop to troubleshoot in live time how he has access, to almost all sites, but Insights reports under 'today' show no traffic. Thanks Andrew

Hi Andrew,

We certainly want the filtering to consistently work in such a way that you can gain peace of mind. Our support team look forward to working with you.

Roze

Login to post a comment