Start a new topic

Study Period Access to Apps

Why can my child still access the musically app when she is in study mode?

My son is sitting next to me playing Clash of Clans, but the routine is set to Sleep.  Can't work out why this is happening, and it's rather annoying!! Any ideas?

Thanks

Melanie

An update - when I look on his routine it says he was last seen at 6:49am, but he is very clearly on his device and it's after school!

Hi Tanya,

Looking at your account, there is only one device listed, which is an iPad. Currently this iPad doesn't have the Family Zone App installed, hence why Musically might still be working.

Please reinstall the App to ensure content filtering can continue.

Roze

Hi Melanie,

Are you referring to Dylan's Galaxy Tablet? There are no logs for this device around this time yesterday.

We have a suspicion that the devices may not be assigned correctly. Could you please email us on support@familyzone.com or call us on 1300 398 326 so we can investigate the issue in real time?

Thank you!

Roze

Hi Roze
I think we've worked it out. For some reason his tablet (yes, Dylan's) keeps reverting to the old WiFI network and not going through the Family Zone WiFi.  So we will focus on removing the network that his tablet keeps remembering. If that doesn't work I'll get back to you.

Thank you!

Melanie

Hi Melanie,

Great to hear you identified the issue! We usually recommend parents to change the modem wifi to avoid complications like this.

Any problems, let us know.

Roze

Hi,

I have Family Zone App installed on my kid's device. Where can I find controlled social settings to block Unsafe & Be Careful Apps during study time, etc?

Hi Abraham,

You will find them under Cyber Safety on the left hand side menu of your Family Zone account. If you click on Controls, this will then open up Categories and other areas where you can set their access periods.

Roze

Login to post a comment