Start a new topic

Mode not accurately reflecting time

Hi I have set my son's phone up but it is not working properly. It is 8.45am on a Sunday and his phone should be in play mode but it is saying sleep. Why is this happening? Thanks Leith

5 people have this problem

Hi Leith,

I've had a look at your Family Zone account, and can see that your son has a Relax day for Sunday. Currently his Relax Day routine is:
Sleep Midnight-6am
Play 6am-7pm
Sleep 7pm-Midnight.

You can check this under his routine. You can also change this routine to whatever you feel is more appropriate.

Kind regards,

Roze K

We think we have our days set up correctly? Yesterday (Sunday), Theo's iPad turned off at 7.00pm, today it didn't and we can't figure out why?

Kind regards,
Sharon & John

Hi Sharon,

Theo's School and Relax day have Sleep both set from 7:00pm onwards, so the internet should cut off at that time. Could you please provide more details on what he was still able to access? Please note that we can only control online content.

Kind regards,

Roze K

So it doesn't actually turn off at 7pm (we thought it did but perhaps it coincidentally went flat at the same time)? He says all his apps are working fine, including You Tube. Please clarify what you mean by online content?

Kind regards,
Sharon

Hi Sharon,

The device itself does not turn off, however there should be a noticeable difference to internet functionality. During Sleep time, the internet should turn off according to the childs settings within Portal.

Any device content such as applications (apps) that require an internet connection are considered 'online content'.

Kind regards,

Roze K

Theo's ipad is still able to access internet during sleep time I've tried all I can but it's still the same.

John 

Hi John,

Could you please specify the time and day this is happening? I'll then be able to access our logs and check whats been happening.

Kind regards,

Roze K

Hi Roze k

On School days Theo's Sleep time is set from 7 pm to 7 am and on relax day is 8 pm to 7 am we still seem to be able to excess the internet during these times

John

Hi John,

In order to view the logs, we need an exact time and date. We can see Theo's routines, however we need to know at precisely what time these events are occurring to check whether it's filtered appropriately or not.

Could you also please provide some of the sites or apps that are accessed during these times as well?

Roze

Hi Roze,

Theo's Ipad accessed google then youtube on Tuesday night 11/04/2017 at 9:50 pm during what should be sleep time.

John

Hi John,

From looking at the logs, I've found there is nothing unusual around this time. I've tried to give you a call regarding this issue. Could you please give us a call on 1300 398 326 and we can work together to resolve the issue?

Kind regards,

Roze K

This is also happening to me right now. I am using Vale's iPad , it is 10:23pm and it is supposed to be cutting off the internet on Sleep at 8:00pm but still have internet access. I have been using google and searching for different things to see if the filters are working. Yesterday it was midnight and still had internet...

Hi Alexandra,

I cannot see any logs for this device at the time you have specified.

Could you please let me know what you were trying to access? Otherwise, you can always call and troubleshoot with our team in real-time.

Roze

I have this problem with my daughter's Ipad.  It is set for sleep time at 7pm, but the youtube video was still going after 7pm.  The device says it is in sleep mode, but we can access the internet still.  

Please advise.

Nicole

Login to post a comment