Start a new topic

Box vs app

Hi, I am trying to set up a free trial of family zone. I have Installed the app on mine and my child device. Do I need a box for family zone to work? I have set up my child's profile and restricted some apps like snapchat Instagram however when I go into my child's iPad I can still access these apps. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to have the box too? Thanks
1 Comment

Hi Tarryn,

While the Family Zone Box covers devices at home, you can use the App if its more suitable for your needs. During the free trial, you can download the App on the childrens devices and see how our settings work. Many customers are on our Small Family Plan while using the App only service and have no Box.

We can schedule a call to check the settings you currently have setup, otherwise it would be worthwhile looking at the following:
- On the App, check who the device is assigned to and what access period they are currently in.
- Check in Portal (the Family Zone account) that these settings reflect the routine of the users device.
- Under Cyber Safety, Controls then Social Networks, check to see that Snapchat and Instagram are blocked/allowed during the access period that they're currently in.

If the settings are correct and it's still not blocking as you'd expect, please call us on 1300 398 326 or organise a callback through here.

Kind regards,

Roze K

Login to post a comment