Start a new topic

You tube Cyber Safety

I have set up the user access for myself and my husband (obviously to 21yrs+) and it is blocking access to some content areas of You Tube, how can I stop this from happening?

I am using the '16-18 seniors' profile and have disabled the google and youtube searching option but 'restrictions' is still enable on the youtube site and cannot be unset manually. How do you unset this restriction for youtube>?

Hi Peter,

Looking at your seniors profile, YouTube is allowed during all time periods except sleep and the content filtering is switched off, so Family Zone settings are correct.

It would be an option within YouTube. If you scroll down to the bottom of the YouTube homepage, it should have 'Restricted Mode: On/Off'.

Roze

Hi Roze,

The setting in FZ look correct. In Youtube the restricted mode is on, and we can't switch it off. There is a message below the button saying that this feature is being controlled by the network administrator. Im guessing it means family zone. 

Peter

Hi Peter,

Is this on a desktop or laptop, or a device such as Android or Apple?

Roze

Hi Roze,

A Macbook air

Cheers,

Peter W.

Hi Peter,

We implemented a fix for this recently. Could you please clear your cache and check to see if you're still having the same issue?

Roze

ok, which cache... Safari?

Yes, the browser you are currently using.

Hi Roze,

Ok, cleared it and now it's fixed. thank you

Peter

Glad to hear. If theres anything else, please let us know.

Is there a way that i can allow my 10 and 11 yr old children to access Kids You Tube, without them being able to access YouTube in general?

Hi Ruth,

Unfortunately, if we were to completely block YouTube then YouTube Kids would also not work. They use much of the same servers and blocking one would cause issues with the other.

Regards,

Tiara

Hi there Is it’s possible to allow particular channels on YouTube without allowing everything? My daughter wants to watch select fortnite channels only. Thanks Nikki

Hi Nikki,

Unfortunately we don't have the ability to categorise individual channels on YouTube so the allowance is either all, only safe results or none.

Thanks,

Katie

Hi , We recently purchased Family Mobile Zone App. I have been trying to block U tube through the Controls then Site to be blocked and have also turned it off through the search and streaming media section. He is only 9 so I would like to turn it off completely. After doing all these things I can still access U Tube on his device. We only have the 1 device at the moment. Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards, Alecia

Login to post a comment