Start a new topic

Allow Find My Friend Always

When a Family Zone controlled device is in a restricted time such as sleep, the restriction prevents the Find My Friend and Find iPhone app from reporting the devices location. Is it possible to exclude these apps from restrictions so that the device can be can be located 24/7? Regards Rob

1 person likes this idea

Hi Rob,

We are looking into apps such as Find my Friend and Find my iPhone. Currently our developers are running some testing on it and I'll send you an email when we have an update.

If there's anything else I can help with, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Roze K

Is there any update to this ticket?

Hi Wayne,

Find my Friend and Find my iPhone use identical traffic to Apple updates. This is difficult to isolate and we don't want to interrupt the overall functionality of the device.

If you have a specific question about these Apps, I'm happy to organise a call for you. Please just let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Roze K

In relation to the question regarding the Find my Phone app. Has there been any changes to the above? We would like Find my Phone to work all the time. Thanks

1 person likes this

Hi Shawn,

Yes. Find My iPhone should now work in all access periods except for Sleep. We can allow it while in Sleep as well, however this would require to unblock certain categories.

Roze

Which categories would I need to unblock to allow “find my iPhone” during sleep time? Alternatively do you have a remote locking or turn off feature available in the zone manager app?

Hi Jenna,

In order for Find my iPhone to work in sleep, you would need to unblock a category that would also include websites classified under General and would allow access to a lot of sites. In relation to your other question, I'm not sure what you mean by remote locking feature?

Regards,

Katie B

Login to post a comment