Start a new topic
In Progress

Control the online hours

The main reason I wanted to use FZ was so that I can control the total time that my teanager spends online daily.  I want to give her the freedom to choose when she goes online between 3pm and 9pm but I would like to restrict it to 1 hour for weekdays  I would also like to restrict weekends to 2 hours between 9am and 9pm.  She would have the freedom to chose to use as and when she wanted within the time zone but the minutes online would be restricted to 60.  Is that possible with FZ?

I suspect I will be seeking a refund if it isn't.  It can't see it being practical for me to only provide a couple of 1 hour timeslots on a Saturday. If I set it as 7am to 7pm (as currently recommended) for a relax day she will be on there for long periods as is her current habit when I'm not around to say something.

52 people like this idea

Hi. People have been talking about this feature on this thread for two years now. Katie B mentioned above that she would add it to the list of potential future features but previous posts indicate that it is under development. Could you please advise which is the case? Its a great idea and would solve many family arguments as it is very difficult to restrict a child to 2 hours of screen time per day over a weekend and half an hour per day during the week when they don't have regular routines. Disney Circle does this well.

1 person likes this

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your enquiry. This is under development and I do add every request to the features request list for a guideline as to how in demand a feature request is, when we have an estimated time of delivery we will let everyone know.

Regards,

Katie B

I think your advertising of this product is quite misleading. It suggests you can control the amount of time kids can be online but fails to mention how rigid this control is. It is true you can control the time, but the time must be set in rigid increments not a total overall time limit. 

If you are operating from a strengths-based approach you should be able to allow a child self-monitoring to choose the time in which they engage with the device. The total amount of time can be then controlled or relaxed by the parent depending on the level of self-regulation the child is demonstrating. Ideally, if kids were perfect at self-regulation there would be zero need for your product. They obviously aren't great but you also want the flexibility to allow some self-regulation, especially as they get into the mid-teens. 
 If you wish to make this product truly useful I suggest you hurry up and figure out how to do this. For over two years you have been saying it is on the lest of things to develop. So develop it or lose customers to products that will.

Hi Renae,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel mislead. We'll add this feedback to the developers.

Regards,

Katie B

Login to post a comment