Start a new topic
In Progress

Control the online hours

The main reason I wanted to use FZ was so that I can control the total time that my teanager spends online daily.  I want to give her the freedom to choose when she goes online between 3pm and 9pm but I would like to restrict it to 1 hour for weekdays  I would also like to restrict weekends to 2 hours between 9am and 9pm.  She would have the freedom to chose to use as and when she wanted within the time zone but the minutes online would be restricted to 60.  Is that possible with FZ?

I suspect I will be seeking a refund if it isn't.  It can't see it being practical for me to only provide a couple of 1 hour timeslots on a Saturday. If I set it as 7am to 7pm (as currently recommended) for a relax day she will be on there for long periods as is her current habit when I'm not around to say something.

61 people like this idea

I for one will not be renewing my usage of FamilyZone without the feature of being able to limit the hours of usage. Please give us more feedback on when this is in the plan for release?

Hi Tim,

Thank you for reaching out to us, we are still working on this feature to make sure that it does not interfere with anything else that our app does. It is a high priority for us to release this ASAP and it should be soon, however, as above I cannot give an exact ETA. 

Regards,

Tiara

Hi FZ - whats the update on offering Accumulative Time Restrictions please...the holidays are approaching...HELP!!

Hi Lisa,

We're still working on this development, it is at the top of our list and we are hoping to release it ASAP.

Regards,

Tiara

Hello Tiara - can you please convert ASAP to a time frame. Please be specific - I have less than 60 days to trial this product and its a deal breaker.

Hi Lisa,

While being able to provide this feature is a priority for us at Family Zone we have found that creating this feature has run into a lot of difficulties regarding 3rd parties and we would not feel comfortable releasing a half made product to our customers that doesn't work, we are working around the clock to get this feature out but there is no firm or even soft date in which we could give.

I apologise that I cant help any further.

Thank You

Corey

Yes I'd LOVE this feature too. It's more compatible with busy families and especially teens who don't tend to have as regular routines as littlies. It also allows them to start self monitoring etc. I will make an observation that the system seems to be more compatible with younger kids....not as suitable with difficult teens as they get more sneaky and resistant. E.g. getting onto a device to remove a particular unsafe app would be a nightmare. The parent app shoukd allow you to just block it.
The folks at kidslox have this ability but the over all management is not as easy as family zone and cyber safety not as good in my opinion. One key function of the implemation of this feature I would suggest is to ensure the kids can ckeck their time limit progress. Kidslox has a screen showing the daily limit and used so far. It also allows setting different limits for days if the week which is great for me a I lower times allowed on our busy days to be sure that homework fits in! Would be happy to be a beta tester if you need some testing crowd support! Done a bit of QA in the past. . Want to go with family zone but this is such an important feature. Adults have issues managing how long they spend on the device! Want to get good habits learnt now! Cheers. Great product otherwise. Keep working hard on that feature! 

Hi Leah,

Thank you, it is something we are working on as the highest priority. 

Regards,

Tiara

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for the encouragement, we are working on this feature as the highest priority and hopefully, it will be released soon, as my colleague Corey has said, we do not want to release a half made product and want to make sure it does not interfere with any other features or apps before we release it.

Regards,

Tiara

Can you please advise when this feature is implemented. Then I will make my purchase! I can’t use kidslox and family zone on one device at the same time. Would be interested in any other workaround solutions so that I can have family zone and a over all daily screen time limit. Multiple apps until the solution is integrated would still be a helpful suggestion in my view. Thanks.

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for the suggestion! I will escalate this as feedback for you. I will also be posting in this thread then the feature is available so that you will be kept up to date.

Regards,

Tiara

Still no time limiting feature - it's been a high priority for you for two years! Disappointing!

5 people like this

Is there a way to view how much time has been spent on games and social media on a single day (eg look on a Sunday at how much time was spent on a Saturday? 

This would potentially be a way of me gettign around the fact that you do not have a cumulative time record at the moment (by which to cut off game use).

Hi Danielle,

We don't currently have this feature but I have added this feedback to our lists for future implementation.

Regards,

Katie B

Login to post a comment