Start a new topic
In Progress

Control the online hours

The main reason I wanted to use FZ was so that I can control the total time that my teanager spends online daily.  I want to give her the freedom to choose when she goes online between 3pm and 9pm but I would like to restrict it to 1 hour for weekdays  I would also like to restrict weekends to 2 hours between 9am and 9pm.  She would have the freedom to chose to use as and when she wanted within the time zone but the minutes online would be restricted to 60.  Is that possible with FZ?

I suspect I will be seeking a refund if it isn't.  It can't see it being practical for me to only provide a couple of 1 hour timeslots on a Saturday. If I set it as 7am to 7pm (as currently recommended) for a relax day she will be on there for long periods as is her current habit when I'm not around to say something.

61 people like this idea

Hi all,

At the moment, childrens' access time is based on a weekly routine. Within this routine, you are able to set time periods for Play, School, Study and Sleep. You are able to manage what you wish to have blocked or allowed within these time periods, or leave it to our default age appropriate settings.

Accumulative time (ie. only allowed 1 hour per day, no matter what time of day) is not currently part of our service, but it is something we have had many people enquire about and definitely looking into. Watch this space!

Kind regards,

Roze K
Customer Service Officer
1300 398 326

13 people like this

Still no time limiting feature - it's been a high priority for you for two years! Disappointing!

5 people like this

Same here. I only want to restrict the total time online per day, especially now on school holidays. I don't care when my son chooses to go online, I just don't want to be telling him to get off all day long as I currently am doing. I'm struggling to work out how to change the daily routines as they don't suit us at all at the moment. 

5 people like this

Our weekends and weekdays change regularly, this idea would work very well in our household.  I can then include a blocked (sleep) time for the hours I need her to be part of the family and help around the house with chores etc.

3 people like this
I have just signed up today and am reading through this thread relating to accumulated time. That last post is over 3 months ago and I wonder if this feature has been developed as it was noted to be coming in the last quarter. I have not yet set up any devices and am in the learning phase so hoping for clarification if possible. Thanks Jo

2 people like this

Hi Alison,

At this point in time, we can tell you it is currently scheduled for next quarter.

Roze

2 people like this
Hi. People have been talking about this feature on this thread for two years now. Katie B mentioned above that she would add it to the list of potential future features but previous posts indicate that it is under development. Could you please advise which is the case? Its a great idea and would solve many family arguments as it is very difficult to restrict a child to 2 hours of screen time per day over a weekend and half an hour per day during the week when they don't have regular routines. Disney Circle does this well.

2 people like this

Hi there

I have routines set but I am very confused.  Do I need to allocate apps to be allowed in each type of session?  My kids can still access all games no matter what the setting?  I think something may be set up incorrectly and I'm not sure how to fix it?

Thanks

Janet

1 person likes this

Hello,

I have just signed up and desperately am after the enhancement all these people want. ie internet access say 10am to 8pm up to a max of 2 hrs.  We all want our teenagers to be safe but they do need some flexibility and the option to make sensible decisions.

Could I please have an approximate time that this feature will be enabled.  From reviewing the forum it has been taken seriously for at least 9 mths so I am hopeful you can provide an approximate date.

Thanks in advance and thanks for such a great product, literally signed u an hour ago and I'm really impressed.

1 person likes this

I also originally understood that I could set a longer time period but restrict cumulative usage to 1 hour etc. I still enjoy FZ but believe it will be immensely more successful if this functionality could be developed.

1 person likes this
Hi guys, i have tried to edit the "school hours" routine as my son goes to school after 9am, but finishes well before 3pm. is there a way of editing the routines? or are these currenly set, and you just choose between the 3 options. thanks, and kind regards Daniel

1 person likes this

I'm missing something - " If you go to Cyber Safety on the left hand side, then click Controls, this will bring up our Categories area." I cannot see this at all.  Is it in the 'one month trial' version?

I would like to know what the defaults for each age group and category are, and can't find them anywhere.

Also, as with everyone else, would like to know when will cumulative online time be a thing?  This is highly recommended by all the so called experts, so this system is really lacking without tackling it. Has it really being worked on for the last 2 years?  It must be very close to being released if that is the case.

I am finding it quite difficult to navigate on my first day.  In theory it sounds great.  A friend who told me about it says she will need another 1/2 a day to set it up properly.  Sounds a bit over the top but now that I am looking at it, I can see why.  

Hi all,

Happy new year! Apologies in the delay getting back to you, our office has been closed and we are now back in full swing. Just so you're all aware, you are able to call 1300 398 326 and someone can assist you in real time. 

Andrew, within the calendar option it can allow you to set specific dates where you want to apply multiple relax days. For example, click on the user in Portal, select Calendar then click the day you wish to implement (in this case relax). By clicking multi day, this can help you set holidays for a number of days without having to do them all manually.

Megan, we don't currently offer 'accumulative time' restrictions, however this is something a number of customers have enquired about and we will be implementing it in the future. If you like, we can give you a call and help set your routines over the phone?

Hope this sheds some light on your questions.

Kind regards,

Roze K
1300 398 326

Hi Dianne,

The instructions above were given during an old design of the Portal site. This has now been changed and the area you are looking for is now under Settings > Age Profile Controls in the left hand menu. The two dropdown menu's at the top are used to select the age profile you want to review, and the type of control you want to view or change.

You can revert to the default settings by clicking the "Restore Defaults" button, or to simply see the changes you have made, click the  "Show my overrides" button. Both are located at the top of each category section.

For the cumulative time issue, we have been working on it for the last two years but unfortunately during that time, the OS manufacturers have moved the goalposts several times causing us to go back in our design and coding which has extended the amount of time we spend developing it.

If you are still having issues to do with setting up your profile and devices, please feel free to go to the Support section of your Portal and book a callback for a time and date that suit you when you will have the devices to register and test with one of our Customer Support Team.

Regards,

Katie B

Customer Service Officer

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for reaching out! We currently do not have an exact ETA for this feature as we need to make sure it will run properly and not interfere with any other of our features. It can be a long testing process, but we are definitely working on releasing it soon.

Regards,

Tiara

Login to post a comment