I really love the ability to manage my family's internet activity, however, the UX of the site is very average.
In particular the usage activity monitoring is fairly useless, e.g.: the charts and lists you provide aren't very helpful (perhaps the application name could be displayed rather than domain name in lists), and the date column in the list is truncated so I have no idea what time the activity was recorded.
Thank you for reaching out to us. IN regards to your questions;
1. You're able to see this info by going to your Insights>Selecting the user>Selecting the period>Selecting View details. this will show the domains, the time and date, whether it was blocked and a quick access button to either block or unblock that content.
2. Unfortunately not at this time, but I will enter this as feedback or you.
3.Again, not at this time, but I will put this in as feedback as well
Have a lovely day,
So, my husband saw our son on a site called 'Cam Girls' (or something of the like). By the time he got into the study, the page had been closed and the history deleted (we have line of sight on the Chromebook, through an adjoining room window).
When I visited the 'Insight' page to attempt to find out what site(s?) had been visited there was no actual usable information/insight.
The best I could access was that in the last 7 days FZ had blocked some pornography- not sure whether it was direct site names typed in or failed google/you tube searches etc etc etc all I could find was a small piece of pie which says "Pornography 53 (2.6%)".
Am I correct in assuming that "53" was 53 separate incidences of attempted porn access in SEVEN days??
1) How do I get a list/copy of when and what exactly was blocked? This is very important in regards to understanding what might be triggers/workarounds etc etc etc
2) Does FZ actually have any upper limit, per se, of incidences of specific high risk activities (such as porn surfing in 13/14yo) before notifying parents that there may actually be a problem...? I get a Red Alert when my child unseen for 24hrs (oh no, tech free kids!), but no notification/warning/friendly 'one parent to another' heads up when there has been in excess of fifty attempts to access porn in a week :o
3) Does FZ have an add-on or feature that can collate and export in excel etc format, search engine requests, unadulterated by the 'delete browsing history' demon? Something simliar to the key stroke logger apps that have been around forever?
Could you please email through to email@example.com the interesting search history you are finding?
Have you looked through the usage area within the Portal?
Thanks for the feedback
Family Zone is currently working on a new and more intuitive way for usage reports to be displayed to parents. It is undergoing development and we can't wait to share it with parents.
Unfortunately I can't give an exact date on when it will be released, as our development team is working on some exciting new features that the new usage reports will be apart of.
I hope to have good news for you shortly in regards to this matter.
As always, we are constantly looking to improve the platform and appreciate your feedback.
Customer Support Leader
1300 398 326
Agree. Find the monitoring info not very helpful. Would like to sites visited with names. Like the apps list which is helpful but wouldn't worry a monthly subscription just fro that. New at Family Zone and still exploring but believe this monitoring capability is still the same as was raised 3 months ago unless updated feature available.
Thanks for your feedback.
Portal is something we are constantly working to improve. Specifically, our developers are working to make the usage reports more readable. At the moment they display what the domain or app requires in order for it to work, so it is understandable that these might be difficult to comprehend. Would you like us to notify you directly once the update is live?
If there is anything further you would like to add, please let me know.
Customer Support Officer
1300 398 326