Start a new topic
Planned

Grounded/Block Feature

From time to time kids screw up and get grounded. We all know it. But from what I've seen there isn't anything within Family Zone that will allow me to set up a block for a certain amount of time without changing the whole weeks schedule. This feature doesn't have to necessarily be for when a child is grounded, maybe you have a busy day coming up and your child needs to help out and you don't want them being distracted while things need to be done. You set up the block for the day or just a couple hours within the day and once time is up the block will automatically remove itself from the schedule so it doesn't happen again unless you tell it to.

16 people like this idea

sounds really good

Yes that sounds like a great idea. I would use that. Or if they dont do their chores you can block it for a short period of time and unblock once they have done them.

1 person likes this

According to one of the articles, you can log in and make a quick change to sleep mode and that will block them until you change it back.  I don't think it changes the whole week's schedule by doing that.

1 person likes this

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. This feature is already implemented and is referred to as 'Quick Time Change'. This temporarily changes a certain time period so it doesn't alter the child's regular routine. When you open Portal, click on the user you wish to change and apply the changes from there. We will be adding more time options to this feature in the near future.

Kind regards,

Roze K
Customer Service Officer
1300 398 326

1 person likes this

Hi all, I have just signed up for the family zone and I am not sure how to add a device - can anyone help?  Customer service?  Does this only work with Mac computers?  TIA

Hi Tahira,

Devices such as iPhones, iPads, Samsungs and tablets would be using the Family Zone App. Once you have downloaded the app through the Play/App Store, the app will ask for an activation key which you can retrieve through Portal (The Family Zone account).

Devices at home such as laptops and desktops would be using the Family Zone Box to be filtered through the WiFi. You can purchase a box through the Portal by clicking "Add a safe home network".

Kind regards,

Roze K
Customer Service Officer
1300 398 326

Hi All,

Teenager behaved well so I wanted to give her access to Snapchat for a defined period (used quick change to change the profile to "Play" time) but Snapchat still wouldn't work.  I imagine this is because it is a blocked app.

Is there a way to unblock a particular app for a "quick" change sort of time please?

Tks,

Bianca

Hi Bianca,

Happy new year! Apologies in the delay responding to you.

Although we can't do a specific quick change on Snapchat, you are able to manage it through Social Networks. In Portal, go to Cyber Safety in the left hand side menu, then Controls. Select the option Social Networks and you can select Snapchat. This is currently the way you can change their availability.

This solutions page is handy in explaining the social networks we can currently block:
https://help.familyzone.com/solution/articles/5000719353-social-networks-we-can-block

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Roze K
1300 398 326

I Have to support this feature request - Just grounded my child for a week - no Wifi.. I dont want to alter my schedules/routines. and quick change only allows to " end of day"

So Feature Request - Under quick change - either give a multiday dropdown. or put a big red X in the choices, which is "Off till further notice" 

Simple and easy to impliment

In case it helps anyone. my solution to give 2 x children 1 week no access, was to change a "reward" day to 24 hours of sleep. Then I could apply 7 days of " reward"  ( yes I know its ironic) to each child. 

Unfortunately its 3 x clicks per day ( or a total of 42 click for 2 children) but it works.  :-)   hope that helps some people

Hi Brendon,

Thanks for giving the excellent advise to other parents. As mentioned in a previous response, we are working to implement an easy to use feature like this soon. Once it has been released, parents will be notified by email.

Kind regards,

Roze K

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment